Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Morning has broken....

and with it has come another gray, dreary, rainy, SLEETY Michigan day.  Yuck.  And wouldn't you know, I have photos of some jewelry to take.  Photos always turn out so much better when I can take them in natural morning sunlight.  Guess I should have timed that one better - yesterday was GORGEOUS.  Sunny, a little cold still - but just the sight of the sun somehow makes me feel warmer, inside and out.  Hoping today's rain doesn't last long.  Sure could use some more gorgeous....
Today is what I HOPE will be my last visit to the ophthalmogists office for a very, very, VERY long time.  My eye seems to have mended (for those of you haven't scrolled to previous blogs - I scratched my cornea), and I am seeing just fine.  First thing in the morning blurries and pain were a biggie for the first few days, and for some reason it took longer for me to heal that normal, I guess just cuz I'm special.  But today seems clear, bright and painless.  I just hope they say the same.  I had BEAD plans for all the money that is now lining the pockets of someone in the eyecare industry....
Still got big bead plans though, hoping that the customers of the bookstore will appreciate AND BUY - them: semi precious stone bracelets based on the astrological Sun signs.  I pored over the internet and went through my numerous astrology books here at home looking for stones and COLORS to coordinate with the signs, and I think I've found just the right affordable combinations.  I had originally planned to do semi precious bead birthstone bracelets - but am not willing to pay the price for, and in some cases search for, beads like Sapphire, Emerald and Ruby.  I plan to make them in a range of stones, with some having more than others, so that I can vary the prices.  I'll probably start gathering them all together so that THOSE are what I actually sit and make while spending time at the store.  Time will tell.  Hope they are a hit.  Heck, at this point, I hope someone even comes in the ROOM.  It's only been a week, I know - but I hope people will start hearing about my little bead space - SOON.  Still working on getting a sign for the front porch of the store (actually a house turned store), hoping that will help.
Anyway - enough babbling.  Hubby has arrived home safely through the sleet from his graveyard shift job, and I'm thinking scrambled eggs are in order!
TTFN

No comments: