Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Multi beading

Are you a multi tasker?   I've always been one of those people that could do - or tried to do - more than one thing at a time.  

But as I get older (I'll be 55 NEXT Friday! GASP!), I find it harder to accomplish.  I start out doing one thing, and stop to get started on the second thing, and pretty soon - the second thing has consumed my time. 

Take yesterday for instance.  Looking for some 3mm firepolish beads turned into a sorting session that had me forgetting what I was looking for - but the drawers are now clean and organized!



 I used to be able to have more than one bead project going at once; work on one for awhile, put it down, rest a bit, brew more coffee, let the dogs in/out, and off to bead on the second.   

People have sometimes asked me if I draw out or write down my project plans as they pour out of my head faster than I can bead them - and I always answered NO.


 Lately I've had to change that answer.   If I don't at least write down the concept, or even pull out a few beads in the right size, style or color - I may never recall that little spark again.
I'm trying to wrap up the projects that have pouring out of my head lately - and hope to only have ONE thing to concentrate on for the winter months.  Unless there's a custom request or two - or three....  ;)

I don't want to reveal my big "winter project" quite yet - I don't want to jinx it.   If it pans out - it will definitely need to consume ALL of my beady time.  No multi tasking allowed.

Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: