Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

In the midst

I don't know if I'm as brave as some of you - to take a photo of my disorganized, half way to completion, soon to be home studio.  I've been pushing, shoving and piling all week - so it's not very attractive right now.  In fact, I'll have to do some major rearranging of furniture and 'piles' today if I want to finish the project on my worktable right away.  Which I do, because the permanent, bigger worktable comes home from the shop on Wednesday.  And you know - I thought I would have more pangs of regret, more sadness, and would just generally feel bad about my last days as "that bead store in the Schoolhouse".  But you know what?  I'm excited!  Not feeling regrettful at all.  Wish I could sell more of the furniture pieces I don't need - but otherwise....:0)
Back in October when I decided that I needed the change, the break, I had no idea that I would be given such a wonderful opportunity to once again be a daily participant in the new age community.  They are like family to me (I managed a sister store for 6 years), and are so loving and supportive of me and my decisions.  The new plan - which I like to call my new adventure in beads - won't start until March-which gives me an entire month OFF.  Unless you count the studio organization, inventory, photos, and planning - but doing it from home, with no other obligations has me almost giddy with excitement.  I can hardly wait.  :0)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's good to see that you are regarding the big change as a new ADVENTURE! I wish you lots of success and happiness in your new ventures!

coolmoon said...

It's all a journey, not a destination. Just needed a change in the scenery....