Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Gate Keeping

bunnies(courtesy of Google Images)

Two bunnies – two HOPS. And a spring teaser, of sorts…my latest project definitely has the look of not only spring, but full blown bring it on summer.  Not even Groundhog day yet, and I can’t wait for spring.  I’m COLD!  ME!  I’m never cold.  
So just finished this last night:   “The Garden’s Gate” necklace – which I’ll be wearing to a fancy schmancy party that my hubby and I are attending tonight:

002

I just started it on Monday, and can’t believe that I actually made all the flowers and ‘fiddly’ (as The Beader’s Floral book calls them) frills and got it all together before the big night.  Definitely need to make a statement with the wives…this oughta do it!  The key is an actual vintage (VERY vintage) skeleton key from my favorite antique market The Little Red Schoolhouse and the flowers are a mix of designs from Diane Fitzgerald’s The Beaded Garden and from The Beader’s Floral –a UK published book full of frilly fun flowers by Liz Thornton and Jill Devon.  I’m growing addicted to that antique brassy look – I’ve never been a gold wearing person, but this I like.

Time is winding down for the give away – hop down and add your guess, I should reach 16,000 THIS WEEKEND!

AND  -  speaking of HOPPING – this is the first of the three sign up days for Lori Anderson’s Bead Soup Blog Challenge.  This is the ONLY ONE this year!
I’ll be stickin’ my spoon in the soup as soon as the sign up sheet is ready!

www.beadsoupblogparty.com


I’m off to start getting ready to dress to impress….with my usual unique flair.  It’s an all day process – pressing, and polishing, and flattening, and plumping.  Why do we do it? Cuz it’s exhausting!
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: