Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thanks, Lorelei!

I thought I was the only one that took apart old, unsold stuff to create new stuff.  Then Lorelei blogged about doing just that.  I feel better now.  Somehow, somewhere deep down, it always made me feel a little sad, and unsuccessful at the same time, for having made a piece that no one wanted.  And truthfully - I've got a WHOLE BOX of them!  I suppose things do go out of 'style' (although mine are pretty uniquely stylish), or just don't have the right color combo that someone may be looking for.  I probably should take the time someday soon to frog them all - rip them apart (ribbet-ribbet) and start over, or use the bits and pieces in the 'gently used' sale section of the shop again.  I've just had so many ideas for new pieces floating around in my head lately, that I hate to stop the momentum.  There WILL be days again, I'm sure, when I'm not feeling so creative - and will need the distraction - and inspiration that those old pieces may bring me.  So I guess I add them to the 'to do' list. 
I've also been feeling a little sorry for myself of late about not being financially or otherwise able to attend all the great retreats and classes that Kate and Marcia and Beverly and everyone are blogging about.  I WANNA GO!  But - alas, it too, must go on the 'to do' list.  WAY down on the bottom of the list - but on the list just the same. 
Off I go into the snowy white north.  Although now that my husband is laid off, :0(, I can count on him to
"be my Rochester" as he puts it.
TTFN

No comments: