Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A sobering holiday

I hope that all of you have had a wonderful Christmas holiday.  Although my husband and myself have had a nice time with family and friends - a few of our family members did not fare so well.  A Christmas Eve snow squall blew through Mid Michigan from late afternoon through early evening - which made roads slick and snow covered.  Many accidents and slide offs - one which included my husbands cousin from Portland.  He is ok, kinda beat up from the air bag deployment, but his vehicle did not make it - totalled.  
And then there was the Christmas Day accident involving my sister in law - as she and her family were leaving OUR holiday celebration to attend another, they were rear ended quite forcefully - putting her in the hospital with a fractured vertabrae in her neck.  A definite over night stay with surgery is likely, since this is a chronic issue for her - she's just feeling better after a previous spinal surgery 2 years ago.  We feel badly for her, and will probably end up spending at least one day this week visiting her.  NOT a very fun way to spend Christmas.  So say prayers and send healing to Cathy that she is back to her healthy self quickly. 
It really makes me stop and think about how lucky I am to have made it through my life safely, healthily, and for the most part happily.  I definitely say my thanks to Spirit everyday for the kindness of the Universe.   My hubby put this nice little pocket size book in my stocking this morning - and I think 2013 in going to be the perfect time to make use of it. 
As the day draws to a close, and we are all revelling in great gifts and great meals - give thanks for the great pleasures of family and togetherness as well.  You never know when something can change it in a heartbeat.  It touched our family this weekend - and I hope it is done.
Peaceful beading, now and in the year to come,
TTFN

No comments: