Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Beads in the name of love

A blog post or so ago I mentioned the invitation to participate in a Valentine's Day Market at Lansing Art Gallery.  I didn't participate in their holiday market in favor of Owosso - so this opportunity made me very happy.  Consequently -  I've been crankin' out the LOVE!  I just completed one of the most unique pieces I've ever done called 'Wings of Eros".  Beads. Chain.  Lampglass.  Feathers.  COOL.  Photo tomorrow in better light.  In the meantime, here are some of the others that I've done:

"Keeper of the Flame" - another Vintage Cool key design.

Fire and Ice Earrings

Adore-able  Bracelet
 
I'm also sending a few more - like Red Romance, and a bracelet done with the Twilight theme in mind.  I can't wait to take photos of the new piece tomorrow - I really love how it turned out.  Again - my creativity took over - I had little to do with the final result.  Which is sooooo cool.
Had a fun day of bead shopping and coffee shop chatting with my friend Sally yesterday.  She loved her book "The Art of Forgotten Things" by the late Melanie Doerman, as well the beads and chain that I 'wrapped' the gift in.  She presented ME with a bottle of Red Velvet wine, which will be opened and enjoyed on New Years Eve, a box of chocolates and a very generous gift certificate to the local italian restaurant that her husband manages.  So nice. 
Here's the 'haul' from yesterdays trip:
 

 
The seed beads were not necessarily meant to all go together - but it ended up that way - so not sure what they'll turn into.  Can't wait to start looking for accents and focals.  That's one of my most favorite parts of beading - and probably why I have a HUGE stack of projects all boxed up and ready to go.  I find myself having to steal from them occasionally for yet another project.  Or forgetting that I have what I need in one of those boxes and buying more.  Such is the life of a bead hoarder!
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

2 comments:

lamplight crafts said...

Girl, did you leave anything in the store? Glad to see things going so well for you. Keep on Creating!

coolmoon said...

I know, right? I had a coupon for both stores, so it wasn't as bad as it COULD have been.
I LOVE bead shopping!
Happy New Year, Renetha!