Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Winding down

Well so much for my idea about posting something silly or funny on Monday mornings.  It's just too dang close to Christmas - and I wasn't done shopping!  I was out of the house before 11am - and BEFORE my hubby today.  That almost never happens.   I did pretty well.  Finished the shopping, even if I didn't get exactly what I was looking for.  I need to start doing more on-line shopping.  That's probably the only place I am going to find some of the specific items I'm looking for, which I'm not going to mention because my hubby reads my blog!  He's got a birthday coming up in a few months - and I wouldn't want to spoil the possibility of a way cool gift. 
As far as posting about project progress - I haven't even sat down at the bead table in a few days!  I finally took the time to do that this evening  -- after the wrapping was complete. And then it was just do a repair for a family member.  BUT - I've got these two projects waiting to start, as well as Vanilla Sky to finish. 

 
This one will be quite unique.  The top cab is a very unusual type of Opal, and the bottom cab is color changing.  Sort of like a mood ring.  It changes from brown/yellow hues to purples and blues as it gets warm.  The entire spectrum of colors match all the colors in the stone above.  Haven't started matching seed beads yet - but I'm thinking earthy.
The top photo - just literally spilled them all together tonight, and got an inkling of an idea for a bracelet.
Time will tell.
The only other project was something else that I had an idea for, but wasn't quite sure it would work.  I used two of the sterling bangle bracelets that my friend Janeile gifted me with (remember the Mystery Bag?)  I tried wearing the bangles on their own, but without beads on them somehow, it just didn't seem right.  Plus, the whole idea of gifting me with all of that jewelry was for me to re purpose it - do something unique with it.  So this is what I ended up with:
 
I didn't want any bulk added to the inner circumference, because they barely fit on my hand now.  This worked perfectly, and fits without turning the beads too much.  I kinda like it.  And I KNOW Janeile will.
So is everyone done with their Christmas shopping?  I've never finished so late - kind of at the mercy of my husbands paycheck this year.  I've also never gifted so many friends without the expectation of a gift in return.  It's just so fun to give...especially when you see something that you KNOW is perfect for the person.  Giving.  It's a gift in itself!
Peaceful beading, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
TTFN




 
 

No comments: