Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

RE-foiled

As far as shows go, anyway.  Another bust.  ONE $15 sale does not a good show make.  I just don't get it.  I greet everyone that walks up to the table, I smile, I'm wearing bright clothing, even though I didn't have a camera to take pictures of my table to show you - in my opinion, it kicked ass!  So why didn't I?  Seriously.  This is getting ridiculous.  I've come to the conclusion that it is just impossible to make a living selling beads and beaded jewelry.  I'm not looking forward AT ALL into trying to find an actual job in the working world, but I think I'm going to have to hang up the bead crimpers.   I've tried 2 different websites, having my own store, doing shows, selling on Etsy, selling on consignment.  I just can't sell my stuff.  Not unless I am willing to sell an $80 or $100 piece for less than $10.  And I just don't think I can do it.  At least not yet.  I am considering having a clearance tray IF I decide to do another show (not sure I even want to do another one), and I'm gonna take a tub of beads to bead group tomorrow night and let them have them at clearance prices if they want.  BUT - since we all just went on that buying trip yesterday, my guess is they aren't going to have the funds for it either....
Honestly, as much as I agree with the post about pricing your worth into your pieces, I'm starting to understand why some people may consider selling on Heartsy or at clearance prices.  I've got a HUGE inventory (because I love to create) that just keeps getting bigger and bigger because apparently I am the ONLY one that appreciates my creativity.  OOH's and AAAH's don't pay the bills!  Once again, the beaded jewelry vendor that copies all of her jewelry out of books and magazines and sells them AT COST was the big winner, winner chicken dinner  today.  I just can't compete with that. 
So peaceful SUCCESSFUL beading everyone - if I can't be, I hope you are....
TTFN

No comments: