Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Can it be?

It seems that spring truly has sprung.  I just checked the 10 day.  Never a temp below the mid 40's.  Which, while being a bit nippy - is not snow temps.   So I'm trying to remain positive, and remember what it's like to have a garden that will hopefully, once again, look like this:

Isn't it wonderful?  I love my garden space.  One thing we WILL be changing and adding this year is to somehow privacy fence the chain link fence across the back of the  yard.  The neighbor's dog is about to drive us insane.  If she can see us, or our dogs, she is barking.  And barking.  And barking.  So incessantly that it's starting to make us angry.  It takes away from the whole ambience of the space above.  We've mentioned to the lady in the past about the barking, and she just says that it's because she wants to 'play' too.  She does nothing to stop her.  EVER.  So I'm hoping that if she can't SEE us, she won't bark as much.  HOPEFULLY.  I am an animal lover, of ALL animals.  But I tell ya, my husband and I have both had some very unpleasant thoughts for what might shut that little yappy dog up.  And they ain't pretty.  (For those of you who don't know me - DEFINITELY KIDDING.  Would never harm another animal.  EVER.)  Just gotta do something to save the sanity.    The fence is very shaded, so growing something on it is going to be difficult, and take too long.  I'm looking into some sections of bamboo fencing, along with more well spaced louvre door planters to break up the line.  I am willing to shell out a little bit of cash, but I want it to look nice too.  I think a trip to Home Depot to check it out is in order today.....
So here's to spring everyone....the official start is Thursday.  Can summer be far behind?


Peaceful beading (didn't mention them once in this post, can you believe it?)
TTFN

No comments: