Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Bead Table Wednesday

"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way!"  No, I'm not auditioning for Oklahoma! - but it's how I'm feeling this morning.  It is already absolutely gorgeous outside, in the middle of March in Michigan - the temps will be almost 80 today!  The sky is already clear blue, AND - the best part - I finally muddled my way successfully (I think) through Gwen Fisher's anniversary beaded bead from this month's issue of Beadwork.  BAH!!  This was a tough one; very challenging.  And it's for SURE not exactly perfect (those thread paths are killer for lefties, Gwen!), but I think I have a very close facimile, and can't wait for the next issue to see what the next one will be.  Is anyone else planning to complete all them and enter the contest?  This is my Bead Table Wednesday submission - (along with the remnants of yesterday's beauty, that you'll see later - "The Perfect Vintage"):

  I didn't realize until I was 1/2 way through that I chose the same color combo as the bead I made from last months issue - 'Seeing Stars' (I think by Melinda Barta-I can't find the mag!).  So I will definitely have a theme going on with the rest, so I better make sure I stock up on those purples and golds....

In yesterday's blog I mentioned that I was having a little 'earring show' for a friend.  Here's what the table set up looked like; very informal, didn't have to clear clutter or clean for her - but I like how it worked out, and she bought FIVE pair!  Decided not to make her own - I had plenty to please her, but we just may plan a 'just bracelets' party for her, and a few other friends, in the near future. 

Why not try that yourself?  If you have friends that don't wear necklaces, or LOVE earrings, have a show featuring JUST the things they love the best.   Then offer a few kits or packets of beads from which they can 'create their own' should they wish.  Great fun!  I can't wait to do it again!
Off I go to enjoy my day.  We may have to drag out the patio chairs...cuz I'm definitely giving our deck some love today!
Peaceful, beautiful beading everyone,
TTFN

No comments: