Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Changes - again

In case you didn't notice, the photo on the right is new.  I made a few upgrades and changes to my Cool Beads at Coyote space, so I thought it might be nice to have a better photo too.  The changes are subtle - but the beadage is NOT!  (Just like the hair changes - subtle - but NOT!)   Much more to choose from - and hopefully even more once I can negotiate for more space.  I'm doing extreeeeeemely well there - and enjoying my time working there as well.  I may cut back just a tad on the in store availability time when I'm not scheduled to work, because all of a sudden - my summer is shot!  And since as of yesterday, I'm scheduled to work every other Saturday, and pretty much every Thursday - that will have to enough.  I ain't complainin.  I LOVE that my beads and jewelry are keeping me busy and prosperous - but I DO need my down (aka BEAD) time.
And then there's the change on top of the change:  starting next week, my husband will be working 2nd shift - 3pm to 11pm.  Big change for him - he's working graveyard (11pm to 7am) for about 15 years.  I am just grateful and have thanked Spirit repeatedly for allowing him to keep his job.  I know he was expecting to be laid off - and this will really mess with his schedule, but I think he will get used to it.  I'm making him a pros and cons list, so that he'll think about how this may actually be better for him - like MORE SLEEP.  And on a selfish note for ME - LESS COOKING.  I won't have to make dinner every night anymore, consequently costing less on groceries.  We may not see each other as much - but after being together for 29 years, I'm sure we can find some quality time to do things, and have more to talk about in the process.  One of the cons, however, was we'll be missing out on one of the things that we DID enjoy doing together - free outdoor blues music concerts.  I may still go with his mom once in a while, but it just won't be the same.  But he's WORKING - and that's the most important thing to me. 
Another selfish reason for me to think I'm going to like this new schedule - I won't feel guilty about spending my evenings with my bead group, OR starting the Book Club next month.  More ME time.  
Big changes in my life - and they all just keep getter better and better....there ain't nuthin' wrong with that!
Peaceful beading, everyone...
TTFN

No comments: