Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Classy

As I've hopped around all the blogs in the last few days, the one thing that has stood out for me - even on Kate's, who's in Paris - is the talk about CLASSES!  It seems as though there are more classes being offered, taken, taught, created and FILLED than ever before!  And many of them are - YAY YAY YAY - SEED BEAD project classes!  This makes my heart very happy, since some of you may recall a recent post of mine that wondered on the fall of the seed bead.  I am delighted that they immediately seemed to pick themselves up and brush themselves off and take another swing at the beading public.  I know I had a wonderful surprise with my new beaders at Coyote - after just ONE simple stringing class - some of them are clamoring for 'more detailed' stuff - the stuff like "I do".  The seed bead stuff.  Which I love to teach even more than simple stringing (boring but necessary).  And it's strange, because in the FOUR years of having my shop inside the antique mall - I think I taught TWO seed bead classes (heck, I think I taught TWO classes, PERIOD).  And then there were probably only 1 or two people in each one.  So I am ELATED that there is already interest in my wonderful passion for those little bits of glass at the new place.  And they'll be getting what they ask for -  I'll be starting them out with Peyote beaded beads probably in June....
And speaking of seed beads - as much as I enjoy making my "chunky charm" bracelets - that was the one component that seemed to be missing from them.  So on Friday - I came up with THIS....
Instead of chain with charms - I did a section of seed bead fringes.  Turned out pretty cool if I do say so myself....
TTFN and Bead Happy!

No comments: